2.9 How do I pick the correct parallel-shaft gear motor?
Please follow these steps to select the correct parallel-shaft gear motor:
- Determine the service factor (fs) based on the operating conditions
- Determine the required torque M for the driven machine (output torque for the gear units)
- Determine the required speed (output speed for the gear units)
- Calculate the required power of the driven machine (power required at the output shaft ‘P2’)
- Determine the traverse force required on the gear unit output shaft depending on the input element. After determining the values given above, the appropriate gear unit can be identified from the power tables provided. Care should be taken to ensure that the service factor and overhung load are always below the given values.